I was asked to write an article for USC’s The South Los Angeles Report and I did. Take a look at 10 suggestions to help you start out 2010 on the right financial foot.
1. Think about the big picture
2. Keep $1,000 in an emergency fund
3. Save for retirement automatically
4. Change the way you bank
5. Have a garage sale
6. Spend only $50 per 2 people in your household per month
7. Start using money management software
8. Create a plan to pay off debt
9. Create spending guidelines
10. Resolve not to get a tax return next year
Ready to do some work on your finances? Buy Money Matters: The Get It Done in 1 Minute Workbook on Amazon.com.