Thought this might be helpful. From Black Enterprise Magazine:
1) I will live within my means.
2) I will maximize my income potential through education and training.
3) I will effectively manage my budget, credit card, debt, and other tax obligations.
4) I will save at least 10% of my income.
5) I will use homeownership as a foundation for building wealth.
6) I will devise an investment plan for my retirement needs and children’s education.
7) I will ensure that my entire family adheres to sensible money management principles.
8) I will support the creation and growth of businesses owned by people of color.
9) I will guarantee my wealth is passed on to future generations through proper insurance and estate planning.
10) I will strengthen my community through philanthropy.
These are great guiding principles to use in your financial life. Please read each one carefully and consider how it might be applied in your life. I keep a copy of them taped the refrigerator in our office to remind everyone of what we’re here to do.