As you know, I’ve partnered with Shalena Diva to provide financial education tips to her audience. Many of us have seen the photos of 50 Cent after he lost all that weight for a new role, but how many of us thought about the financial lessons that we could learn from it? There are 3 lessons to be learned from 50’s weight loss and I share them in this week’s video for Shalena Divas’s site.
I was asked to write an article for USC’s The South Los Angeles Report and I did. Take a look at 10 suggestions to help you start out 2010 on the right financial foot.
1. Think about the big picture
2. Keep $1,000 in an emergency fund
3. Save for retirement automatically
4. Change the way you bank
5. Have a garage sale
6. Spend only $50 per 2 people in your household per month
7. Start using money management software
8. Create a plan to pay off debt
9. Create spending guidelines
10. Resolve not to get a tax return next year
Ready to do some work on your finances? Buy Money Matters: The Get It Done in 1 Minute Workbook on Amazon.com.