It’s almost time to welcome the fall 2018 students into your Extended Opportunities, Programs, and Services program. As you’re planning what supports and resources you’ll offer, have you considered providing financial literacy?
Many EOPS students have been managing money successfully for a while now. Why not help them go to the next level? Book the most dynamic financial education speaker working today, Shay Olivarria, to provide a live workshop or live webinar for your students.
Shay works with colleges, credit unions, and businesses across the country to provide time-tested financial principles with humor and engagement. Common topics include:
- Spending plans (what is is, why it’s important, and how to make one)
- Net worth (why it’s the only way to figure out where you are financially)
- Checking accounts (why you are being charged and how to avoid the charges)
- Saving (common myths and some tips to help you stick to your goals)
- Emergency Savings (how much you need and where you should keep it)
- Credit (how it’s computed and how to raise your scores)
- Debt (strategies to pay it off quickly and tips to keep it off)
- Retirement Investing (what is it, how to navigate the options, and how to get started)
- Student Loans (what’s expected of you, what’s available, and tips for paying it off)
To book Shay at your next event call (323) 596-1843.
Shay Olivarria is the most dynamic financial education speaker working today. Previous clients include: Gateway Technical & Community College, SCE Credit Union, American Airlines Credit Union, and San Diego City Community College, among others. She has written three books on personal finance, including Amazon Best Seller “Money Matters: The Get It Done in 1 Minute Workbook”. Shay has been quoted on Bankrate.com, FoxBusiness.com, NBC Latino and The Credit Union Times.The 2nd edition of “10 Things College Students Need to Know About Money” is available now.